Askey, Askey & Associates, CPA, LLC is a full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout the Southern Maryland area and beyond, dedicated to providing our clients with professional, personalized services and guidance in a wide range of financial and business needs.
Askey, Askey & Associates, CPA, LLC, have two full-service offices located in Leonardtown, MD, at 23507 Hollywood Road, P.O. Box 662, Leonardtown, MD 20650, phone: (301) 475-5671; and in Laplata, MD, at 105 Centennial Street, Suite D, La Plata, MD 20646, phone: (301) 934-5780
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS:
Unique opportunity to join the premier public accounting and business consulting firm in Southern Maryland. With offices located in Leonardtown and La Plata, we seek to help our individual and business clients towards success by providing professionally tailored services. Askey, Askey & Associates, CPA, LLCis seeking a professionally outgoing individual to fulfill our full-time Office Manager position in our La Plata office.
Good communication, computer, and organizational skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Benefits of Joining our Team:
Our tax practice includes individuals, businesses in multiple industries, estates and trusts. Our tax department focuses on staying ahead of the curve with technology by utilizing cloud-based software, and believes in investing in training for our team members so we can provide the best service to our clients.
Our audit and assurance practice spans multiple industries including government contractors, not-for-profit organizations, and employee benefit plans. Our audit department focuses on staying ahead of the curve with training and technology by utilizing cloud-based software and incorporating AI into our audit risk assessment process. This position will also include tax preparation and review during our busy season.
This would be an amazing opportunity for you if you are self-motivated for success, able to multi-task, and able to communicate effectively. This position would have the opportunity to advance to our management team within one to two years.
Experience and Skills:
- Three to five years of experience in public accounting, with at least two years of experience in tax preparation or performing audits
- Solid workpaper preparation skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment
- CPA or CPA candidate
Additional Skills for Audit Position:
- Ability to plan, prepare and manage an audit engagement
- Be knowledgeable of current GAAP and auditing standards
Job Duties Include:
- Preparation & review of Federal, State and local tax returns for businesses, estates and trusts, individuals and exempt organizations, including multi-state taxation.
- Preparation & review of supporting workpapers, including preparation of book and tax journal entries.
- Tax Planning for individuals and businesses.
- Responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects.
Additional Job Duties for Audit Position:
- Preparation and review of audit workpapers and programs, including performing substantive and internal control testing
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Develop recommendations to address control deficiencies
- Conduct research on new standards
Askey, Askey & Associates, CPA, LLC currently operates in a virtual software environment using Thomson Reuters Virtual Office. Experience with Thomson Reuters products such as Accounting CS, UltraTax and other CS programs is a plus. Experience with QuickBooks products also a plus.
Benefits of Joining our Team:
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Closing early on Fridays during the Summer
- Possibility of hybrid work schedule once trained
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Compensatory time for overtime worked during our busy season
- Mentor assignment and room for advancement